Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter (A little late, but for the record)

Emma had a blast coloring Easter Eggs! I always tend to get stressed out around these important events because I want them to be perfect and, well, I'm an amateur. I always underestimate how simplicity can bring about fun memories. So, once I let loose a little, Emma was so much fun to watch as she tried to pile the eggs into the dye and spill it everywhere. But, I have to admit hers did come out the best. She's a natural!!
On Easter morning we were a little rushed to get to church by 9:00, so she didn't have time to explore her basket. However, she did find two brightly colored "balls" quickly and threw them across the living room as she yelled "ball". With a frantic and late mommy saying, "No sweety, those are eggs, they break!" It was a fun pre-easter egg hunt in our own living room!
Then, at Mimi's she had a head start to the other teenagers that were there to share in the official hunt. I was a little down because typically Hannah, Eden and Hyrum would be right by her side. But, she had a blast and had to take her stroller to gather the eggs. She was picky though, if it was broken, she threw it back. That's my girl!!
I hope that as my children grow older I am able to incorporate Christ into this Holiday more fully. I had wonderful plans of doing it this year. However, as I mentioned before I get carried away and if it doesn't turn out I am overwhelmed and defeated before I begin. So, throughout the day I tried to keep the true spirit and reason for Easter within my heart and mind. I am truly grateful for my Savior and the suffering that he endured on my behalf. I am amazed at how my relationship has grown through the past two years. Without it, my life wouldn't be as meaningful as it is this day.